A Trip to Children's

I'd been meaning to take a trip over to the Children's Hospital to pay a visit to Dr. Foreman and everyone else at the oncology clinic to show off the baby, and I'm happy to say that today was finally the day!  It worked out great because Jim had the day off and was able to go too!  Everyone was so excited to see us, and not  only were we excited to see them too, but they made Jocelyn and I feel very special!  Not only am I the first generation to have survived the 24 plan of therapy, but Jocelyn is the first baby of a 24 plan survivor!  Thanks to Dr. Foreman and all my nurses of course!  We even had the hospital's photographer come up to take group pictures, and we are hoping to see an article about us in the Children's Hospital paper!  I will definitley let everyone know once I find out anything!  =0)

Also while we were there, I had the privledge of meeting a little ten-year-old boy who was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma as well, and had just finished his therapy!  He was very cute and you could tell he was very happy!  He told me he will be having surgery on Friday to have his mediport removed and he can't wait!  I told him that I don't blame him because I couldn't wait to get mine removed either!  I have met with other families with children who had been diagnosed with the same tumor, and I have to say that it was such a good and different feeling meeting with a family with a child that has just finished therapy verses a family that recently found out and is starting therapy.  I am just so glad that I have been able to talk to families and give them some sort of hope!  It is such a great feeling and I am more than happy to do it!

I am so blessed to have such amazing doctor's and nurses through my battle with cancer, and if it weren't for their help, Jocelyn and I probably wouldn't be here today!  Days like to day definitley remind me to count my blessings, and I feel so very fortunate to have so many in my life!





1 comment:

  1. Lyndsey - this is such an awesome post. It brings tears of joy to my heart. Thank you for sharing and God Bless you! Love, Auntie Vicki

    ReplyDelete