Trip to Estes!

Saturday, May 27, 2012 - Monday, May 29, 2012

Since it was our anniversary weekend, we wanted to get away, and what a better place than a weekend at the cabin!  Jocelyn had never been before, so we knew she would love it!

After we arrived on Saturday, we unloaded our car and headed to Tiny Town mini golf, our favorite mini golf place ever!  Jocelyn had fun trying to wack the ball around, but ended up throwing it more than hitting it with the putter.  Oh well! Jim and I tied and sadly neither of us won a free game, but Jocelyn did!  Yay!  While we were playing we were smelling some yummy BBQ, so after our game we headed next door to the BBQ joint, and boy was it yummy!  I had to fight Jim to keep him away from my ribs and Jocelyn ate her entire grilled cheese.  Needless to say that we will definitely be going back!

I'm not even going to get into how the night went... lets just say it was a LOOONNGGG night!

On Sunday, we got up had a decent breakfast, then headed over to Fun City to take Jocelyn on the
take Jocelyn on the "rainbow slides".  I know I loves them as a kid (and still do), so I had no doubt Jocelyn would love them too!  And she did!  She had a blast.  Jim and I took turns taking her up, then when she would get to the bottom she'd run to the other and say "More slides! More slides!"  =0)  AND she loves them so much that she ran up the stairs everytime to get to the top faster!  I wish I had that kind of energy!

After we went on the slides a fe times we headed across the bridge for go-karts!  Luckily they had 2-man karts, so Jocelyn was able to sit next to Jim and even had her ow steering wheel (it was just for show).  Oh man did she love the go-karts!  Everytime they would drive by, she'd stick her hand out to wave at me and would yell either "Hi Mama!" or "Mama look!"  =0)

When we were all played out we decided to head over to the art festival to see what it was all about, and hoped that we would find something yummy for lunch.  The funny thing is while we were walking through downtown, we ran into my dad!  Small world!  He had come up with a friend to go to the art festival.  They hadn't eaten lunch yet either so we headed over to Penelopes and had burgers.  They claimed to have the best burgers in Estes, but we all begged to differ!  After that they were headed up to the fairgrounds, so we headed over to the festival.  It was definitely nothing special.  But it was very windy so we weren't in much of a mood for walking around and looking either.

So we headed back to the cabin to watch some movies and relax.  Fo dinner we had no idea where to go, so we called up Gramma and Papa to see if they had any ideas.  We ended up at the Chophouse.  They're food was good, but I think they're prices were high.  Jim kept complaining that we should have gone back to the BBQ place... what can I say, the man loves his BBQ!  =0)

We only stayed one more night, which did go better than the first night, but I still didn't get a great night's sleep.  Plus by that time both Jocelyn and I had really bad coughs and icky noses, probably from all the wind, so it was time to head home Monday morning.

All in all we had a great trip and can't wait to go back again soon!  Thanks Gramma and Papa for letting us borrow your cabin for the weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment