Today was Jocelyn's "Special Day" at school to celebrate her birthday in class, and I was able to spend the morning in class helping out. I have to say it was an eye opener and good for me to see how she acts in class.
It was her 4th day today, and I have to say that I was completely baffled by the way she was acting in class... complete opposite of how she acts at home and playdates I've taken her to. She was "one of those kids" that the teacher has to constantly say they're name over and over because they don't listen or they aren't doing what they are supposed to.
And when it was play time, I was playing with her and another girl at the kitchen. It was a tea party and Jocelyn was serving me cupcakes and the other little girl was making me tea. Jocelyn saw the tea pot and took it away, so I told her no it wasn't her turn and she needed to share. She threw a fit and started crying, then grabbed the other little girl's arm and bit her! So hard that it broker her skin! The poor little girl was so brave and didn't cry at all, while they were cleaning it and giving her a bandaid. I put Jocelyn in her naughty spot, but I couldn't believe it!
This is the stuf that the teachers had told me they've been seeing, but it's completely different to hear about it and actually seeing it. I thought she was ready for preschool, and I think she is smarts-wise, but maybe not mentally and emotionally, which could be why she's acting the way she is. I don't know! I'm really thinking about maybe pulling her out, but we'll talk to Daddy and decide from there. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment