Another Car Accident...

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Well, as most of you know already,Jocelyn and I were in a car accident Thursday... 

We were on I-70 headed for Children's Hospital to visit with my oncologist, when traffic stopped abruptly.  So I was in the process of changing lanes to prevent from hitting the person infront of me, when I just lost control of my car.  I really can't explain, except that it felt almost like I was on black ice because I slightly turned my car to straighte it out, it over-responded, and that's when it started acting like a rollar coaster.  We were in the far left lane, managed to go across all three lanes where we slightly hit, and bounced off the cement median, which caused us to go back the three lanes and to crash into the side cement median.  I honestly cannot tellyou how we managed to not hit anyone else, and how everyone else managed to not hit us.

Jocelyn and I ended up taking the ambulance to Denver Health to get us both checked out.  She had a small mark on her chest from her seatbelt so they wanted to make sure she wasn't having any internal issues, which lukily she wasn't.  They wanted to do the same for me, since I also had a mark though much larger from my seatbelt, plus they wanted to monitor the baby to make sure he was still ok.  So I had a couple of x-rays and everything was ok with the trauma end, but because I had a couple contractions while labor and delivery was monitoring me, they said we needed to stay 24hours to make sure baby didn't have any plans of making his appearance early.  So I was moved to the labor and delivery floor for further monitoring.  They wouldn't let me eat or drink anything, in the case that I needed an emergency c-section, but finally told me I could have some sugar water... that showed up in IV bag!  Luckily I didn't have anymore contractions and baby's heartbeat was staying strong so they let me leave early (at about 9:30am instead of 2:30pm), and my mom and I were able to surprise Jim and Jocelyn by meeting them at her gymnastics class!  I was so happy to see her!  That was my first night spend away from her, and it was not easy!

So Friday went great, layed low as much as possible, and was so happy to sleep in my own bed!  Then I woke up this morning at around 2am to go to the bathroom, and felt a very hard arm or leg poking my belly.  I knew it was the baby, but thought it was weird so tried pushing on it, walking, bouncing to try to get him to move but did not have any luck, so I went into panic mode.  I called my midwife who reccommended going to the ER.  So we woke Jocelyn up and headed to Lutheran (about the same distance away from us a DH, but not downtown).  Again, I had a couple contractions in the beginning, but his heartbeat stayed strong and he really got moving once the put the monitor on.  He really did not like having that pressure on my belly and/or hearing his heartbeat!  So while we were there a long time, luckily we only needed to stay about 10 hours, and I felt so much better knowing that our little man was still ok!

So needless to say, we will be cancelig all our plans this week, and layng low.  Jocelyn does have an appointment with the pediatrician to have a follow-up to make sure she is still doing ok, and I have an appointment with my midwives to make sure baby is sill doing ok, so we are all set.  I'm just so happy and unbelievably lucky that we are all making it out of this with just a couple of minor scratches and bruises!  I guess my guardian angels are still watching over me!

No comments:

Post a Comment