34 Weeks!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We're 34weeks today!  Our appointment was yesterday, and it went well!  I haven't gained any weight from last appointment, but Nolan's measurements are still right on.  And it was pretty cool because when I was laying down and getting measured they showed me how to feel to figure out how he was positioned.  I found his head, bum, a foot, and was even to feel his spine!  It was preety cool!  I did have to have my blood drawn again to get tested for HIV.  Since they have waterbirth pools, they require all patients to get tested.  I also made sure to bring my calendar, and I have all my appointments scheduled through 40weeks!  They actually wanted to scedule a 41week appointment, but that is on Christmas Day, so they said we'll wait on that appointment and hope Nolan comes before then!  lol  Our next appointment is technically our 36weeks appointment, but it's not until the 28th which is during our 37th week.  BUT next week we have another appointment that they call the 35week Midwife Chat, where we will meet with all the midwives at once (Jim too), to talk about my goals for labor/delivery, and other details as far as making sure all our paperwork is in order, etc.  Only 6 more weeks to go!

How Our Baby Boy is Growing (From BabyCenter.com):Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling his out, making her rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment