Jocelyn's Big Week

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

In other big news, Jocelyn had a big week last week!  She had her first day of school AND celebrated her 4th birthday!

Last Tuesday was her first day back to school and she was very excited!  She has the same teachers, who are amazing by the way, and she goes Tues-Fri from 9-12.  She's still accepting the fact that even though she has the same teachers, all the students aren't the same but I keep telling her she will make new friends!

Since her birthday was on Wednesday, I took a special snack (yogurt dipped strawberries) to share with everyone.  And she got to make her own special birthday crown in class to wear all day and bring home with her.  She thought that was pretty cool. =0)

Then later after school we took her on a family trip to the Museum of Natural History, which ended up be a bittersweet experience for her to say the least.  lol  Our first stop was the discovery kid zone, which she had a blast at, then we tried to go watch a presentation at the planetarium which was a complete disaster!  She absolutely hated it... we got to watch maybe 30 seconds of it before she threw a huge tantrum and we needed to leave.  All she wanted to do was go home!  I was finally able to talk her into going to look at the gems and minerals, and we did a "scavenger hunt" to look for all the pink rocks we could find.  Then after that she was excited when we found an exhibit about different animals from around the world!  Our mission was to find the zebras!  She loved running around to look at all the animals, and since she was very happy doing that, we just decided to skip going to the IMAX even though we already had gotten our tickets.  I think we'll wait and do that when she's a little older!  We did also see the dinosaurs, but she wasn't as excited about that so I didn't take too may pictures.  =0)

I'd say overall she had a great week and a great birthday!

Playing while we wait for the doors to open

Waiting in line

So excited for school!

Jocelyn's birthday door surprise for when she woke up

Headed to school

Milli shirt, check! Milli pig tails, check! Special snack, check!

Nolan had fun at the discovery zone too... 
also where I found out he could pull himself up to standing!

Playing with a magnet

Llama ride!

Jocelyn the cheetah chasing Daddy the antelope =0)

We found the zebras!

Look at that!

My little monkey!

Reach...

All worn out!



No comments:

Post a Comment