Our new Basement!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Some of you may know already, but this summer we've met with a realtor and have been working on some finishing touches in our house to try and get it ready to put on the market in September!  We've been in our town home for almost 7 years, and while it's bee a great 1st home, we are ready to move on to bigger and better things... and would love a yard for the kids and dog to run around it.

When we bought the house it was in poor condition and we pretty much ripped EVERYTHING out and started from scratch to make it livable. So anyway, our biggest project to work on has been our basement and until recently has been a large "unfinished" storage room.

And now we're happy to say that we officially have a basement!  We did a lot of prepping, cleaning, and painting, and even had carpet installed.  It looks amazing!  And I'm so bummed because I can't find a before picture anywhere!  I would love to show you the transformation from unfinished to finished, but for now you'll just have to trust me that it was in pretty bad shape!

Anyway, we've moved our tv & couch down there, and also created a new play area for the kiddos (which they both love... When Jocelyn came down and say the new area, she started running around screaming, "Oh my goodness.. I love it, I love it, I love!") lol.  We absolutely love it and are just bummed we didn't do it years ago!

These pictures are before Jim put of the baseboards, and before we moved furniture down there.  
I will have to take some soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment